Most helpful review

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

THIS IS FROM THE OWNER TO ANOTHER PERSON: Response from the owner 3 weeks ago Hi Asia. While I appreciate your opinion I disagree with you. Gimmicks don’t last 34 years. Our models and actors are on billboards, television commercials, web ads, packaging at your local retailer, movies and National TV Series. We don’t accept everyone but when we do we make certain they are 100% ready to land the job. Look at instagram @nvmodels. Best of luck to you Asia. THIS IS MY REVIEW: My sons both went here. Funny! My kids have been waiting to land some jobs.. oh wait they have to be notified for auditions from New View. My son still never got paid for a shoot he did. They DO NOT make certain they are ready to land jobs AND they do ACCEPT nearly everyone that comes through that door. If you can pay them the money, they will accept you!!! THEY WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR SO THEY CAN TAKE YOUR MONEY. They will tell you that your kids are great and they have what they are looking for but don't be fooled like I was. They want everyone!! I knew better then to pay a company if they wanted my kids because I modeled back in the days. I'd like to see how many people they have actually turned down. My kids have only had 2 auditions in the 4/5 years that they have been a part of their company. They try and say "Oh it's your cell phone company" because they send out texts for audition's. I have been honest with them and they know how I feel. The last time I said I was going on the internet and giving them back reviews, before I knew, the owner wanted a meeting with me and my kids to see what they can do so I don't put out bad reviews. This is when they got the 2 auditions.. lol. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!!!! They want my daughter and tell me that she could make it far in the field because of her looks being so unique but yet they want me to pay them to be a part of their co. HECK NO! I pd them $4000 for both my boys. If they really think my daughter would be that great in the field then they should want to snatch her up and build her up to be great. Ugh! Sorry for the rant. Trust me!!! DO NOT PAY THEM! YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY!! If you want proof I paid them then I will be happy to send it in a private message or you can go onto New Views site and look up rieley t and colin t. Funny how they don't have them listed under Models anymore. I had to search for them. How can they be promoted if their pictures are not where they should be? UGH!!!! They tick me off!!! Wish I could get my money back!!!

I'm thank full for this comments ; cause I was going to be there next victim. Thank you.

New View Management Group Course
Cons
  • How they lied about everything
Not as described/ advertised

Professional Organization

Our daughter has been interested in modeling for awhile. I must admit, we were skeptical of any type of agency, but decided to look into this as a family. New View has surpassed all our expectations! Initially, we were there on a Saturday and the place was bustling with activity. The staff were professional, well-dressed and well-organized. We were five minutes early and our appointment started on time. We had many questions and we were pleased that every single question was answered in depth. They gave us an honest assessment of our daughter and thoroughly explained what her next year would look like if we moved forward. And we are moving forward with New View. They have been consistent role-models for our daughter, and were accurate about what we could expect in this first year. We're thrilled that our daughter is part of an organization that empowers young women to be strong and confident. Looking forward to many more years together.
Good quality

Nightmare

Since I posted this review I have gone round and round with the owner Joe G of this company, he made me feel like I was some stupid individual that had no reason to be in modeling to begin with. The joke is on him, he has an attorney "if you can call him that" a pretty stupid play on the attorney's part, sent an email asking me to take down my review from the Better Business Bureau, big mistake because it is illegal. With all that said, I got back all my money after threatening them with a law suit. Once again I caution anyone that has dealings with Joe G. at NU View and the other alias that he goes by, don't get played by him or any of his associates. Total SCAM!!! His attorney offered me $500 to remove my review of this business from the BBB which is illegal. I am thrilled that I got my money back but I wish to warn everyone out there that has hopes of getting a modeling contract, PLEASE make sure you read the contract before signing, in my humble opinion this is an old man trying to stay in the mainstream of modeling he just doesn't have it.

Yep, contract is *** charging 37% pulse and extra to submit your pictures, and pay is 3 month to 6 months before you get paid.People it shouldn’t take that long.

@PissedConsumer1518340

Hello and sorry to hear you are disappointed. If you were or are a signed NV Model I wish you had expressed your issues with me instead of writing here.

I would have explained that our contract and it’s terms are standard throughout the industry. Models are independent contractors, not employees. You are essentially your own business that does work at hire for various companies. When a modeling or acting job is born it starts with the client, to make it easy to follow we will call the client Company A.

Company A contacts an Advertising Agency (who we will call Company B) who helps Company A by coming up with the ad or commercial. They also figure out where the ad will be seen, how long, which type of media (print, point of purchase, billboards, website, social media, digital media, tv etc) Company B sets a budget and contacts a photographer or video director (Company C) who will contact the the Model Agency (Company D) who then contacts the model or actor (Company E). After the job has taken place, you (Company E gives us (Company D) your hours. We invoice the photographer (Company C).

The photographer collects all of his other vendors from the job (which might include a caterer, a location expense, a stylist, a makeup artist, assistants). He then invoices the totals, adds his fees to the Ad Agency (Company B) who adds their fee and presents it to the original client (Company A). Invoices are typically due in 30 days (for each).Once Company A pays B, B pays C, C pays D, we pay the model or actor. So yes I wish it were faster but if you look at it from a business point of view it actually makes sense.

If you look at all of the big Agencies online you will seethey charge a 20% agency fee to their clients. We lay all of this out in our contract which is why it’s important to read any contract before you it.

@PissedConsumer1518340

Every agency on the planet charges a commission to the model or actor and an agency fee to the client. The agency fee has nothing to do with the model or actor. When we quote rates it is the rate before model commission is deducted. If you look at all of the big Agencies online you will seethey charge a 20% agency fee to their clients.

Sorry about the double post. I wasn’t signed in.

Once again your story changes. The BBB removed your complaints because your story has changed.

They concluded that we made every possible effort to accommodate you and your husband. You have made false claims about me, my company and my employees. You even complained about your own attorney, he had to follow the law and that was not good enough for you. Now you attack my attorney?

Name calling and ageism is uncalled for and completely unacceptable. To be clear you have never met me, talked with me by phone or in person. I have no alias, my company has had an A+ rating with the BBB for decades. I do agree with one statement you made above.

"People should read the contract they sign", that is stellar advice. You claim you could not read your contract because you forgot your glasses that day. We have security video tape of you wearing your glasses in our office that day. Your husband also signed, he too had his glasses.

The bottom line is that we provide models and actors to major advertisers here in the city and around the globe.

Watson's, Olay, Pantene, Biore, Kroger, Speedway, Cincinnati Bell, Kings Island, Gillette, Coney Island, David's Bridal, K Mart, Wallmart, Dillard's, Nordstrom, Macy's and hundreds more. I wish you peace and hope you find what you are looking for.

View more comments (3)

New View Modeling Agency, Horrible Experience

We are in our middle 70's living on Social Security which barely cover's our expenses. On a whim I applied to New View hoping to supplement our SS, I believed in this company. I applied online they emailed the next day asking for an audition, we went listened to all of the people in the office rave about us, how they needed someone in our age group. I won't lie we were both very flattered. I normally wear glasses but wanted to look my best so wore my contact lenses which I cannot read anything with. After our audition we went back into the office which was dimly lit that is when they told us we would have to pay up front for the two of us it was over 3K , I understood her to say that we had 30 days to change our minds. The following week I had a heart problem, not knowing what my medical bills would be we asked for a refund. It was then that I realized we had been SCAMMED, they refused said we only had 24 hours to change our minds and then it had to be in writing. Desperate for money we kept in contact with Brandon, we told him we would return after my heart problem was figured out, many emails later he said he would refund 25% of the money we paid which by the way was for pictures that were never taken. That is when it really hit me that these senior citizen's were SCAMMED. This company keeps getting away with this nonsense, I refuse to give up until I have explored every option there is. We need that money. BTW, both the owner and this Brandon was extremely rude. Stay away from there. We only attended three visits there, the audition, ordination and a skin care class.

No, it has not been resolved I hired an attorney I want a full refund and attorney fees paid. The way I was treated is inexcusable.

It isn't just the money that was taken from us which we need desperately it's become the principal of his business.

We were consumer's of his services due to health reasons we could not complete the course and yet he refuses to return our money which is more then two months of what we get from Social Security. People should never take advantage of senior citizen's.

Service
New View Management Group Customer Care
Problems with payment

HORRIBLE TEAM AND SCAM

I use to work for new view in the call center thats 4 doors down on the left. I felt so bad telling ppl on the phone that they could model in this and that magazine and truthfully knowing it was a lie. Bridget was my boss and would literally coach the girls lies to say on the phone to make people come in to make herself look good. Bridget also would take hour breaks and come back smelling like ***. This is a scam company and full of drama no one gets the jobs they tell u over the phone for free u have to cough up thousands! Bridget use to tell me to never mention a price on the phone or the ppl wouldn't come in. Why be so secretive if its a legit company joe? Its a scam.

Who is secretive? Why didn't you use your real name?

You know we have models working all over the Country and World. You are an angry disgruntled employee for whatever reason. We treat our employees with respect and promote those wo do well. I'm sorry things didn't work for you.

Best of luck. Joe

Could you contact me ...? If I give you a number

@PissedConsumer1356307

I'm reading all these complaints wondering why did I sign that contract? I've hired an attorney but he doesn't seem to think it's important.

I'm going to contact our local TV station reported.

I can't call I am having trouble with my phone. how about email?

View more comments (2)
ID
#1061932 Review #1061932 is a subjective opinion of poster.

SCAM SCAM SCAM

Legitimate talent and modeling agencies do NOT charge a fee to join. This is industry 101, as you can see from these links: 1) https://actingcareerinfo.com/scam-agencies-vs-real-talent-agencies/ 2) https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0071-look-out-modeling-scams 3) AND MOSTLY IMPORTANTLY SAG ITSELF tells you NOT to pay! Link: http://www.sagaftra.org/content/getting-started-actor-faq I was naive and roped in by these *** artists and lost a great deal of money to them, gaining nothing in return. The one job I was paid for, they told me they couldn't give me my check because of my yearly $100 for photos, even though they had not taken any updated photos. Do not trust this company. They charge you thousands for "classes" and will give you a slew of reasons as to why you should take them, like that you have to prove your serious and show them you're "trained" and "experienced enough" for them to promote you. Sign with an agency that does not charge you up front! This is a SCAM.

The links you listed do not exist. SAG AFTRA has nothing to do with modeling.

They closed their regional offices closed years ago. Our clients demand trained, informed and experienced talent.

scam

*** *** company.

You pay $2500 for waste of time classes. I can teach myself better make up techniques from youtube. I can also practice and teach myself how to walk with more time and rffort than they were willing to put in. As far as castings, shows, events. Don't hold your breath. If you work a full time job and pay your own bills you will never be able to make this work. They expect you to be able to show up to a casting when they give a 2 day notice. And the worst part- I made time and at 11 pm the night before the test shoot.. the photographer 'cancelled'. All fakes. Chester Jessica Meredith Joe. All the ladies that model pretty much work for the agency.

Modeling and Acting is a tough business and isn't for everyone. You are correct when you say it is difficult to do this along with a full time job but we don't ask folks to work all the time.

Our business fluctuates. We offer the castings and jobs, it's up to you to take them or leave them.

@Cecil Njv

It's time to admit this company is 100% a scam. We have one where I'm from too they make you feel good about yourself and offer some lame classes but at an insane price you. To be honest I feel nothing short of felony charges should pressed against the owners.

@PissedConsumer1427653

Of course you are anonymous. There is only one NV Models & Talent. I'm not sure where you are from but we have one location in Cincinnati.

View more comments (2)
New View Management Group Course
Bad quality

Scam.

Company is a scam. Pay 2500 for the classes alone. Moved to a different city to persue my dream. I work a realistic job to take care of myself. Any casting I am asked to go to I am given a 2 to 4 day notice. And then they persue me so I make the time to *** work and they cancel! My time is quite valuable and I am upset! I pay you you for a contract and you give me no work!

Yea...

I paid the full price for these classes back in 2012, went through all this BS and was told they were gonna train me and give me self-confidence or some whacky *** like that (obviously emotionally attacking me for more cash) completed the training for a few months then they basically told me the only job available would be convincing other people to do the same classes for money. They had their own people in magazines that were probably made by them in one of the back rooms to make it seem real. But this is definitely not a good purchase for someone interested in this type of business.

Interesting review, but so misguided, I have been with New View and have modeled and done TV commercials. I believe that you have misunderstood the nature of a "scout" it is a total vote of confidence in you by the agency and school, that you will be able to present yourself to the public with aplomb and confidence.

You are a representative of the agency what you are doing is actual Live promotional work and you do get paid for it. Many modeling , and acting jobs are not what we would particularly wish but such is the industry. Any producer for any commercial or shoot needs to know that you are able to do something not quite so appetizing as well as the ultimate job of your dreams. If you cannot do that you are useless to them.

If you did not care to scout you should have looked upon it as practice for future jobs. New View has very very successful models all over the world they have a great big plan and you need to follow suit because we all have to pay our dues.

Im not sure how we could possibly produce actual magazines to fake things. This is an absolute lie.

We dont fake magazines, tear sheets and commercials. You can see our talent in ads in magazines, in store packaging, tv commercials and on billboards. We book models and actors every day.

Our talent is the best in the business because we coach them. Joe Guerrera, Owner.

@PissedConsumer1173555

If you coach us and get us ready to make money for you then why would you ask us for over a thousand dollars to work for you!!'

@PissedConsumer1249554

Please read this with an open mind, what you fail to understand is modeling is a business, not something just to make you feel good about yourself. Coaching is training and teaching and you are attending a school.

Doctors, dentists, financial advisors, all attend schools to become proficient at their profession. Teachers need to be paid, rental on the property, electricity, water, supplies, etc. All the mundane things people tend to forget. At New View after you attend your classes you test into the agency.

Not everyone makes it. This is business the world is a big, tough place out there and in any business and Company it can be very cut-throat and dog-eat-dog, people trying to climb the corporate ladder . Again I repeat modeling is a business . Prior to New View I modeled for several years in New York City doing Runway, I had to accept the fact that I'm not very photogenic nor was I tall enough to do high fashion so I was in the junior division.Was it my big dream ?

No, but I was in New York City and I was modeling. Did I pay an agent ?you better believe it, and I had had classes to teach me how to walk the runway how to put on makeup how to do my hair how to do a quick change, all of the things that were necessary for me to excel in my profession. You were lucky that you had people as caring as the personel at New View , so many times I was told to just leave an agents office because of my height, sometimes rudely with a laugh. But I persevered and did end up Jr.

Division. You should have trusted New View a little more.

@PissedConsumer1249554

Did your current employer pay for you to go to High School or College? Employers rarely invest in education for a person they barely know.

Some will pay for advanced training once you have established that you are going to remain with the Company. You would be surprised how many people no show for jobs.

@PissedConsumer1249554

Who paid for you to go to High School or College? Did your employer?

We continually coach and develop our talent throughout their career at our expense but you have have the basics before we will invest in you. You have to put some skin in the game like every career on the planet. When you are a model you are your own company.

You are responsible for honing your skills and keeping yourself in shape. We do not employ models we represent them.

@Cecil Njv

Does a model have to pay upfront or is there a payment plain or can u take it out of what they make in jobs they get through your agency?

View more comments (6)
Everything

New View Management Group Modeling Classes Review from Clemmons, North Carolina

HUGE SCAM!!!! THEY STOLE MONEY FROM ME AND WONT RETURN IT. YOU NEVER HAVE TO PAY FOR MODELING. THEY TEACH YOU ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT REAL MODELING ANS ACTING AND WILL NOT HIRE YOU A JOB NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU WORK AND TRY. THEIR "TRAINING" ISNT EVEN REAL TRAINING. YOU CAN LEARN THE DUMB *** THEY TEACH YOU IN THEIR 4 1/2 MONTH TRAINING IN LESS THAN AN HOUR. THEY JUST TALK ABOUT *** *** MOST OF THE TIME AND DONT TEACH YOU ***. I HOPE THEY DONT GET TO ROB MANY MORE PEOPLE OF $2,000 LIKE THEY DID THE REST OF US. THE FUNNIEST THING IS... THEIR ACT IS SO *** FAKE THAT THEY MAKE YOU BELIEVE ITS REAL AND LIE THEIR *** OFF TO YOU. SICK ***. ITS JUST SO MESSED UP HOW THEY LIE AND STEAL MONEY FROM PEOPLE LIKE THAT. I WISH I COULD SUE THAT WHOLE *** COMPANY!!!!

"Stole money from you", HOW? If you are under age, a parent or guardian accompanies you to all interviews and meetings, as a legal adult you can speak for yourself.

All the financial information is gone over, several times, a contract is given you, which must be signed by a parent/guardian, or if legal age, yourself. All this is done over a period of time, so you do have time to think. Once signed it is a commitment, a promise, that YOU made. No one held a gun to your head and said "do it".

It was your decision. Not everything in life works out as we wish, maybe you needed self improvement, reading your language I do see the need. Maybe there was hope that you could model, bit in the end you couldn't make the cut.

This is life, you are not alone, athelets deal with it all the time. You need to understand life a little better before you attack.

This is just a bunch of anger with no reasoning

Interesting that I the owner of this Company have never heard from you. You claim we stole your money yet I have no idea who you are.

This is all very fishy. Unfortunately the Internet allows anyone to write anything they like without vetting them. The bottom line is that we have successfully launched the careers of hundreds of models. You can look at our Social Media sites and our website to see the work we do every single day.

We work very hard every do to promote our models and actors for big jobs that pay big money.

@PissedConsumer1173553

I tried to look at your Facebook social media account. There's truly nothing on it.

@PissedConsumer1236983

Instagram: @NVMODELS

Facebook: NV Modeling

Twitter: NVMODELS

@PissedConsumer1236983

Here we go with the "he doesn't exist" delusions. Hi John.

Yes I exist on Facebook Joe Guerrera (a private account), Instagram @joeguerrera and guess what John you can even see my photos on the company Instagram account @nvmodels! This isnt The X Files, we are a model and talent agency doing business for 34+ years.

@PissedConsumer1173553

If someone takes a job with any company or angecy that company is obligated to send their "new hire" through training or orientation where they are taught how to do their "job"!!!! Not ask a new "employee" or new talent to pay your company $2000 to work for you.

What a joke!! I can't believe you have tricked so many into trusting you. Employers don't get paid by their employees.

They train their employees and then pay them when they do a good "job" for your company.

@PissedConsumer1249558

Models and Actors are self employed. Actors in L A train throughout their careers.

No Agency on the planet trains their Actors for free. If you work at McDonalds yes you should be paid for training.

View more comments (7)
Clemmons, North Carolina
Problems with payment

Other Product Review

If new view was legit there wouldn't be questions about it if it was real. They take advantage of people and are very shady. Trust me, stay away. Oh and Someone on the staff responds to all Of these negative comments and also posts anonymously for positive comments to make the ratings go up. Stay away.
Not as described/ advertised

New View Management Group - Modeling Classes Review from Grand Blanc, Michigan

One word SCAM. No reputable agency will charge you for classes in order to sign with them. Please keep this in mind before traveling out of town to see them. They will not be upfront with you but they require everyone to pay for classes before they get you work. Very small agency not worth it.

You were asked to travel her to meet with us and you had a problem driving here. If you want to work in this business in this market and live in Michigan travel is going to happen a lot.

This business is not for everyone.

Best of luck to you. Joe Guerrera

Hey anonymous,

Could you please email me no cost agency as my child wants to model, thank you so much.

Sunshineakajennifer@***.com

Look up Ian Mellencamp on Models.com. He is with NV and listed as one of the top male models in the world.

I've seen the commercials on tv: St. Elizabeth Hospital, Beckfield College, Speedway, etc. Not everyone goes to coaching. I've seen people come in and go to a contract.

I've seen the Biore skin care print ad in a recent Cosmo. issue and also when I was walking into Wal-Mart not to mention on the product itself. Same with Oil of Olay. Miss Ohio 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.

Miss Michigan, Miss Teen PA. Are also with them and they sponsor the pageants. I've seen their model Jalen on the Footlocker website. Why put it as annonymous?

If you know so much be proud to say it or at least give them a chance to contact you to fix the situation.

But then thought I should ask first. I wouldn't want to say anything you wouldn't approve.

I completely disagree. NV Models has been in business for 30 plus years.

They have all of the top clients and models.

You are so wrong.

Actually this is not true. I know from experience.

They have some people who don't require any of the coaching... they didn't require any money. I've seen it happen. So...

I wouldn't really trust this. And really this place does most of the market in the midwest, so i don't understand how that makes them a small agency.

View more comments (4)
Grand Blanc, Michigan

Scam Avoid

Do not waste your time with this scam. I signed with them from 2010-**** during that time I seldom heard from them, the only time I talked to them during that time was when I contacted them.(the only time I have ever heard of them calling any of their "models" is when they miss a payment) They never had any jobs and went months without updating their casting sections. When I asked why I wasn't getting any any jobs from them they always had a BS excuse about how the market was small, or they were sending out my comp card(which they never do with anyone) or that I didn't have the right look for their jobs, or that I wasn't working hard enough etc etc. In truth they didn't have any jobs, all their "clients" they get from open calls and Craigslist. Even once you are a model they make no effort to market you or get you introduced to the local Photography/Modeling circles, in fact they do every thing they can to keep their models away from it. I was fired from NV when I discovered irrefutable proof that they were lying to models and stealing from them. At the time they were claiming that they represented Miss USA 2010, Rima Fakih(the Miss USA pageant had her agency listed on their site and it wasn't NV) I met Miss Fakih back stage at Rupp Arena when she was trying out to be a WWE Diva, and showed her the Old NV site that had her photos and claimed to represent her. She called her real agent and NV removed the the photos. They can still be found on the Way Back Machine. They also like to claim they represent Ian Mellencamp, who they have nothing to do with. Ian ditched NV when he moved to NY for COLLEGE, and all of his big name contracts and deals are due to CLICK MODELS and Model 1. This is readily available information that you can easily find on google. They made claims of connections to all these major Agencies and Industries, I called up every single one they claimed to know and turns out NOT A SINGLE ONE had ever heard of them, several even checked their files of who participated in recent shows/shoots, NV having claimed to work them, and nothing except a few mall shows. FORD, NEXT, VISIONS, CLICK, COSMO, MC2, not one of them had ever heard of NV. Turns out they only Models they were publicizing were the ones who worked in the office, Everyone else's cards and portfolios just sat on a self or in a closet. When I addressed NV underhanded actions they fired me, but not before stealing most of my last pay check claiming fees, that were not listed in the contract and threatening to sue me if I made this information public. A few months after I was fired there were several questions raised and an investigation launched into the who the actual owner of the agency was, and one of the head directors was FIRED. Before anyone thinks that I am just saying this "because you just couldn't make it as a model" not weeks after being fired I put out feelers into the local communities of Cincinnati Louisville and Lexington, and had more jobs and photoshoots in a month than NV got me in the entire time I had worked for them. And THIS YEAR, I have been in at least one fashion or print publication(some international) EVERY MONTH, with one shoot for a magazine this weekend and another at the end month for a different magazine. I have been interviewed multiple times and participated in several new big name fashion events. All this from a guy who according to NV didn't have the right look, was in too small a market, and didn't work hard enough. NV wouldn't know a model if they walked in and bit them. New View Fraud agency DOES NOT develop models and they never have and they never will, they just steal money from people and lie. Also all the crap they claim to teach you, you will never use and don't need. What you do need and use, you learn literally can learn and master hour before a runway show.

Why do people just lay down and take this nonsense from this company? They could care less about anyone the only thing they want is money.

No matter what I have to do I will expose them for what they have done to so many people. I'm praying my heart out for God to give me an answer or take care of it Himself.

So what magazines?what issues?whats the name? You cant claim all this wheres your irrefutable proof?

How did you get into modeling? I am really interested and don't want to get into the wrong company.

Thank you so much for the warning! Im so glad I found all this out before I wasted my time and lost money.

Its really sad that this company would swindle money from people and lie so much to the extent that they claim they represent miss USA.

I mean wow! Anyways thanks so much for the warning!!

NV Models are working almost everyday. Some make as much as $2,000 a day.

Others might make $250. Now I know they don't go through Craigslist to get jobs because they advise us to avoid that and the crazies out there. The owner was a model before he started the company 31 years ago and has maintained his network all over the world. There are currently models in London, Milan, Greece, New York, Miami, and yes even Cincinnati, OH

You are a liar.

There is simply no other way to say it. Sorry honey. NV doesn't represent Rima? http://www.nvmodels.com/models/rima-fakih/ There is the proof.

If you have booked international jobs then say it proud. Like German Vogue, Vogue Italia I can say them because I've seen NV's work. Saddie M.'s Biore ad was just in a recent issue of Cosmo.

Ian Mellencamp is still with NV!

That is his mother agent. http://www.nvmodels.com/models/ian-mellencamp/ There is the proof to that claim.

New York and Miami were here a month or so ago recruiting our models.

You sound like a disgruntled ex employee. List names of your work and who you are so we can google you and see your proof.

@PissedConsumer975504

Your links don't work. It says page not found?

@PissedConsumer1279031

Their links do not work because they were forced to remove them after they were threatened with law suits. If you actually look up the credits for modeling gigs NV doesn't appear.

I love that they are still claiming that they have been around for 30 years but if you look up their business license you will see that they have not.

That is public information.

Also, the are still claiming to be owned by a man who doesn't exist.

A few years back the owners, who you can also see on the business license, Chester and Kathy were investigated for fraud by the police, as a result, Kathy took the fall inorder to keep the scam going. She is now running the same scam in Louisville KY last I heard.

All of the positive reviews and replies attacking people who post negative reviews are posted by their office staff.

@PissedConsumer1343967

What kind of business license does one have to have? If you look up the Company New View Management Group on the Ohio Secretary of State site under company registrations you will see when they incorporated.

You are mixing up Agencies.

Kathy works at Heyman in Louisville. The owner is Joe Guerrera, he exists and works in the office every day.

View more comments (7)
Scam
Come clean and shutdown

Deceptive Business Practices Review

New view is awful. These use deceptive business practices and accept anyone who will fork over $1595 for classes with no gaurenteed work. People who run the "front end" are out of touch and I would never recommend this place to my worst enemy. Stay away, you will be glad you did.
Harrison, Ohio

New View Model Management

I found the agency that said I was what they were looking for. All I had to do was fork over $1200 for classes. Then after the classes I had to take an exam to get in for jobs. I took the classes, took the exam and passes. Weeks turned into months, months turned into years and after phone call after phone call the finally told me I wouldn't be getting any jobs because I wasn't one of the "top" models! What! Well how to I become a top model, they said by getting jobs.... But they wouldnt send me any jobs because I wasnt a top model... They screwed me over as well as all the other girls and boys in my class and 20 other classes!

Not everyone is required to take coaching. It is your choice! So get the facts before you start talking on the internet and give people the wrong idea.

@PissedConsumer745580

At NV everyone is required to take their classes, its mandatory and they will give you a contract unless you take them.

I was a model there for over four years and worked in the office.

@PissedConsumer746846

Well do you recommend them?

@PissedConsumer745580

Who the *** are you. You talk just like a paid shill. With all due respect from an actual signed model, screw off.

#1194153
@PissedConsumer745580

Well my daughter signed up for new view and the flat out told us everyone has to take the class and pay the 1200 out of pocket so her facts are correct

I've been with New View for 4 years and they are amazing.. I took the classes bc I knew nothing about the industry!!

If you really were apart of this awesome agency you wouldn't be on here bashing it!

you would be sing praise for all the fun things you get to do! Get serious here!

@PissedConsumer745576

Oh new view actually has a call room where they harass people hours a day saying come in for a first interview, second they literally tell everyone they can be a model. Complete waste of time for anyone and everyone and your wallet. They sell false hopes and dreams.

@PissedConsumer745576

This person must work there.

You both sound pretty angry yet neither one of you seem to be on the same page here. For the first angry comment, clearly you forget their in Cincinnati OHIO.

The "top" models you talk about are currently found in new York thats where they placed where they Ian- the new face of Calvin Klein & now he got the gap campaign also Casey levins who is kicking butt with A&F & German vogue. They have a model Liz that is 5"4 in her 30s shooting with oil of Olay .... us bank ....people's bank ..... great wolf lodge ....

If ventured out into the world of bridal shows you would have seen all of the david bridal shows they did this month alone :) Even an 80 year old that works there as well is fabulous . Perhaps you never got chosen was because your attitude sucks. Did you ever try to reach your agent? I have a few friends that model there from plus sizes to high fashion types including my boyfriend & they are constantly going to castings.

Sometimes they get booked & other times they don't. It's called being in the modeling industry sweetheart. My guess is: you were probably there to work on self esteem- perhaps you should go back or better yet call them and ask what happened & what should you do to make an effort to get the real facts before you take the time to bash a company that clearly gave YOU an opportunity that you didn't take advantage from .... Also "been there" how can you be annoyed you went on several castings that sounds like they did their job ....

And perhaps you never passed math class because 25% agency fee is A: pretty standard in the industry & B: it normally takes several months to be paid before getting a check- like your angry friend : CALL if you have an issue- if you actually went to new view one can only sadly shake their head at ridiculousness. For the record, a place that isnt a good agency wouldn't still be around after a few decades if what you wrote was true.

Also, there is normally a reason why someone takes the time out of their day to release anger like the both of you had it only makes me feel like you may not of ever stepped a stiletto in this place= New View Models .... Rock on 8-) When I finish grad school I'm going to see what you can do for me !

@PissedConsumer709252

This post was written the NV Director Bridget.

I worked with you for almost 4 years, and we both know that they scam people.

View more comments (13)
Mason, Ohio

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article